How to Deworm a Dog with Cigarette Tobacco? 5 Simple Steps
How high is the probability of your pet? Without exaggeration, it’s one hundred percent. The only method to keep the reproduction of parasites in the dog’s body under control is prevention. Modern veterinary medicine offers a large selection of preventive drugs. However, many owners prefer natural remedies for deworming.
Effectiveness of natural deworming medicine for dogs
First of all, it’s important to make it clear straight away: natural remedies aren’t always effective. Moreover, inept use of natural poisons can end sadly for your pet. Consult a veterinarian before using any natural methods of deworming and make sure you know what you are doing.
Natural deworming remedies have no proven effectiveness. Here’s what this means:
- They haven’t been tested on control groups – optimal dosage is unknown.
- Their efficacy isn’t proven, i.e., the expected effect may not be there.
- Contraindications are unknown, meaning you can use them at your own risk, especially if your dog has chronic pathologies.
- Allergic reactions or individual intolerance are unpredictable.
Is tobacco a good dog dewormer?
As you probably know, tobacco contains nicotine. In small doses, this natural poison kills worms and other parasites.
Note that the key phrase here is “small doses”. Calculate the amount of tobacco based on how much your dog weighs. Don’t forget that while being natural, tobacco is still poisonous in large quantities. It can do serious harm and even lead to death of your pup.
If you want to deworm a small dog, a pinch of tobacco will be enough. Just keep in mind that dogs don’t often find the smell and taste of the stuff pleasant. This is why you might want to mix it with food.
How to deworm your dog with tobacco
- Get some chewing or cigarette tobacco. The former would be a better option.
- Learn exactly how much your pooch weighs.
- Determine the right amount for deworming. A pinch of tobacco should be enough. Whenever you are in doubt, ask a vet first.
- Mix the tobacco with dog food.
- Wait for the result and closely monitor your dog’s health. If there are any issues, take your pup to a vet clinic immediately.
While natural remedies can sometime be helpful, it’s worth weighing all the pros and cons of this method. You always have to consider how safe it is for your pet and ask yourself if it’s really worth it.